We are looking for someone to help on reception who will be that friendly face ready to greet our weekend visitors with a smile.
Title: Weekend Receptionist Volunteer
Hours required: 3.5 hours
Location: St Luke’s Hospice, Winsford
- Welcoming visitors
- Processing hospice shop sales
- Dealing with general telephone enquiries
- Accepting donations
- Someone with a friendly and caring nature
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Show a positive and enthusiastic attitude to the work of the Hospice
- Happy to work independently
- Reliable and able to commit to regular sessions on a rota system
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to use your skills to complement our work
- Training and support to build new skills
- A chance to meet lots of new people
- The opportunity of working as part of a team of dedicated volunteers
A minimum of 3.5 hours on one of the shifts below:
The frequency can be determined by you and the current available shifts.
Attendance for initial training and any specific training.
- Application form
- Informal meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator
- 2 references and a standard Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check
- Please complete the volunteer application form and we will be in touch.