We are looking for volunteers to help in our Furniture Warehouse throughout the week. The role would be ideal for anyonelooking to fill their time with something worthwhile and are able to commit to helping for four hours per shift.
Our warehouse sales assistants help to raise the funds needed to provide care to local people when they need it most. As a sales assistant, you will support our Warehouse Manager providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile to ensure that our warehouse is as successful as possible.
- Assisting customers with browsing and purchasing
- Organising and tidying of displays on the ‘shop floor’
- Processing payments and Gift Aid via the electronic till
- Accepting donations from customers
- Assisting with general housekeeping
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for four hours as part of a rota.
In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for
- Aged 18 and over
- Willing to partake in all aspects of the role, including training
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to use own initiative when required
- Ability to lift and carry
- Application form
- Informal chat
- Trial shift
Please complete the volunteer application form and we will be in touch.