If you’ve got natural curiosity and an interest in fashion, this is the role for you. We are looking for trustworthy and reliable people to help sort donations and prepare the best clothes, shoes and accessories for sale in our shops.
It is a busy but interesting role and you’ll play a big part in helping us to get our donated goods out on display and ready to sell to our customers.
Title: Volunteer Sorter and Steamer
Hours required: As little as 4 hours per week
Location: All St Luke’s shops
Some of the tasks that you may be doing include:
- Sorting donations of clothes, shoes and accessories into saleable stock and items for recycling
- Preparing stock for sale by hanging, sizing, steaming and labelling each item
- Pricing garments at their full value to generate maximum income by considering the brand, quality, fashionability and condition of each item
Various shifts available, please pop in for a chat or go online to find out more.
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for as little as four hours each week, usually a morning or an afternoon, but this is flexible depending on your availability. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for
- Aged 16 and over
- Willing to partake in all aspects of the shop and training
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Able to support the overall aims of St Luke’s and respect policies such as Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- No previous experience is necessary as full training and ongoing support will be given.
- Application form
- Informal chat
- Trial shift
If you’d like to become part of the St Luke’s team, please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01606 555690.