Our Retail Assistants help to raise the funds we need to provide care to local people when they need it most. As a Retail Assistant, you will support our Shop Managers in every aspect of the shop, providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile to ensure that our shops are as successful as possible.
Title: Volunteer Retail Assistant
Hours required: As little as 4 hours per week
Location: All St Luke’s shops
Some of the tasks that you may be doing include:
- Greeting customers
- Using the till
- Receiving donations, sorting and preparing stock for sale
- Assisting with shop displays
- Maintaining a stocked and tidy shop floor
- Processing Gift Aid and encouraging new donors
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for as little as four hours each week, usually a morning or an afternoon, but this is flexible depending on your availability. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for
- Aged 16 and over
- Willing to partake in all aspects of the shop and training
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Able to support the overall aims of St Luke’s and respect policies such as Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- No previous experience is necessary as full training and ongoing support will be given.
- Application form
- Informal chat
- Trial shifts
If you’d like to become part of the St Luke’s team, please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01606 555690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org