St Luke’s provides quality care and a variety of services to hundreds of people with life limiting illnesses each year. Patients attend Day Hospice for a 12 week period and benefit from physical and emotional support. As a Relaxation/Wellbeing volunteer you will be able to help by providing hand and or foot massages to patients helping to relax them during their time spent here in our Day Hospice.
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us from 10am -2pm on a Monday each week. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new or existing skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as being part of an amazing team and experiencing the satisfaction and fulfilment that is derived from making a positive contribution to people accessing our service.
What we are looking for
- Someone who has an interest in providing or learning basic hand and/or foot massage. In house training will be provided
- A genuine interest in and understanding of individuals with a life-limiting illness and palliative care
- An unhurried and calm manner with patients
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Patience, flexibility, resilience and emotional robustness
- Reliable and able to commit to regular sessions
- An ability to work within our organisation’s policies and guidelines including the Volunteer Agreement
- Informal meeting with a member of our Day Hospice Management team
- 2 references and an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check