St Luke’s provides supportive and palliative care and a variety of services to hundreds of people with life-limiting illnesses each year. Patients attend Day Hospice for a 12 week period and benefit from physical and emotional support.
Title: Nail Care Technician Manicure/Pedicure Volunteer
Hours required: As little as 4 hours per week
Location: Day Hospice at St Luke’s Hospice, Winsford
About the role
As a qualified nail care technician manicure/pedicure volunteer you will provide nail care to our patients on our In-patient unit and those attending our Day Hospice. We are looking for someone who will chat to patients and make them feel at ease while treating them with dignity and respect.
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us from 10am -2pm on a Tuesday or Thursday each week. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new or existing skills and receive ongoing support and training, as well as being part of an amazing team and experiencing the satisfaction and fulfilment that is derived from making a positive contribution to people accessing our service.
What we are looking for
- A genuine interest in and understanding of individuals with a life-limiting illness and palliative care
- An unhurried and calm manner with patients
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Patience, flexibility, resilience and emotional robustness
- Reliable and able to commit to regular sessions
- An ability to work within our organisation’s policies and guidelines including the Volunteer Agreement
How to apply
- Please download and complete the application form
- Two references are required and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check