St Luke’s provides quality care and services for people with life-limiting illnesses living within the mid and south Cheshire area. Our In-patient care is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a dedicated team of nursing staff. We are looking for someone to help on Reception who will be that friendly face ready to greet our evening visitors with a smile.
- Welcoming visitors
- Processing hospice shop sales
- Dealing with general telephone enquiries
- Accepting donations
- Someone with a friendly and caring nature
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Happy to work independently
- Reliable and able to commit to regular sessions
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to use your skills to complement our work
- Training and support to build new skills
- A chance to meet lots of new people
- The opportunity of working as part of a team of dedicated volunteers
2 hours from 5pm – 7pm on one of the shifts below:
Thursday or Friday
The frequency can be determined by you and the current available shifts.
Attendance for initial training and any specific training.
- Application form
- Informal meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Two references and a standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check