St Luke’s provides quality care and a variety of services to hundreds of people with life changing and life limiting illnesses each year. Patients attend Day Hospice for a 12 week period and benefit from symptom management, physical and emotional support. As a Day Hospice volunteer you will be able to help by providing refreshments for patients throughout the day and chatting to them during their time spent here in our Day Hospice.
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us from 9.45am-3pm on a Monday each week. In return, we offer you the opportunity of being part of an amazing team and experiencing the satisfaction and fulfilment that is derived from making a positive contribution to people accessing our service.
What we are looking for
- Someone who is friendly and caring
- A genuine interest in and understanding of individuals with a life-limiting illness and palliative care
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Patience, flexibility, resilience and emotional robustness
- Reliable and able to commit to regular sessions
- An ability to work within our organisation’s policies and guidelines including the Volunteer Agreement
- Informal meeting with a member of our Day Hospice Management team
- 2 references and an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check
- Complete the Application Form