Our Warehouse Assistants help to raise the funds needed to provide care to local people when they need it most. As a Warehouse Assistant you will support our Warehouse Manager providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile to ensure that our warehouse is as successful as possible.
Title: Warehouse Assistant
Reports to: Simon Armitage, Warehouse Manager
Hours required: Daily/ Weekly / Fortnightly – minimum 4 hours per shift
Location: St Luke’s Warehouse, Pineapple Park, Road One, Winsford Industrial Estate
Some of the tasks that you may be doing include:
- Sorting donated items including clothes, books, bric-a-brac, electrical goods and furniture
- Labelling all eligible Gift Aid items
- Assist with the ‘shop’ displays in the warehouse
- Clean all newly delivered furniture and get it ready for display
- Assist with the general housekeeping of the warehouse, ensuring everything is clean and tidy
We ask that you are free to volunteer with us for as little as four hours each week, usually a morning or an afternoon, but this is flexible depending on your availability. In return, we offer you the opportunity to develop new skills and receive on going support and training, as well as having a great time and knowing that you are making an important contribution to St Luke’s.
What we are looking for
- Aged 18 and over
- Willing to partake in all aspects of the role, including training
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Able to support the overall aims of St Luke’s and respect polices such as Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- Application form
- Informal chat
- Trial shifts
If this is the role for you just click on the Apply button at the top of the page or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01606 555690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.