Does your workplace have a chosen charity?
There are so many different ways to support St Luke’s and one way is to nominate us as your Charity of the Year.
Whether you choose a charity by a staff vote or a ‘pitch process’, we would love the opportunity to tell you more about St Luke’s and the how we support people across Mid and South Cheshire.
Charity of the Year partnerships allow us to build momentum over the 12 months and we can help you devise a plan of fundraising activities and volunteering opportunities for your staff. All the funds you raise will ‘stay local’ and support patients and their families.
It really doesn’t matter whether you are a team of 2 or 200 – we would love to have you on board.
You can start your Charity of the Year partnership at any time – call Andy in our fundraising team on 01606 555872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
So, how can your workplace support St Luke’s?
You really can support us in a number of ways…
Workplace fundraising – Never underestimate the fundraising ability of a cake sale or a raffle! ‘Tried and tested’ ideas are often the best and are a great way of engaging with your colleagues and getting the whole business involved, whether you’re organising a quiz night, staging a Dress Down Day or running a Car Wash on the company car park!
Corporate Volunteering – There are lots of practical ways in which you can support St Luke’s. For example, you could help out in our charity shops, lend a hand tending the Hospice gardens or be part of our events teams. Quite often, businesses allow staff one or two ‘volunteer days’ days each year.
Take on a challenge! – What better way to bring your staff together than to take on a challenge! We have several local, national and international challenges that you may tempt you eg sky dives, Sahara Trek, London Marathon – or you may wish to create your own challenge that will have huge appeal to your colleagues – we can work with you to make something special!
Donate ‘Gifts in Kind’ – By donating practical items or lending us your expertise, you can really help to save costs, raise funds and develop our services. For example, The Hollies Farm Shop donates ‘Christmas Day Lunch’ for all of our patients and their families every year, while local Ford dealership, Cliff Dickenson and Son, give us brand new car to use as a raffle prize!
And don’t forget, if your business is ‘customer facing’, then just by having a collection box on the counter can raise significant sums over the 12 months.
We’d love to have you on board!
So how does a Charity of the Year partnership work?
* Let’s get together – It’s always a good idea to meet and discuss your ideas and how you want to support St Luke’s. The sky is the limit!
* How much would you like to raise? £100? £1000? £10,000? Get the staff on board and set your own fundraising target – something ambitious, but also achievable!
* Devise a fundraising plan – How you decide to raise funds for St Luke’s is up to you! It’s always a good idea to create a plan that will appeal to and excite your staff.
* Maximising our Partnership – We will work with you to generate press coverage, get your staff engaged and promote your activities on social media. We’ll also devise plans to see how else you can support St Luke’s – whether it’s through volunteering at events or in our charity shops.
* Go For It – We will just leave you alone to get on with supporting St Luke’s, but if you ever need practical help or support, just ask.
What your fundraising means to St Luke’s
We receive just 15% of funding from the Government, which means we depend on the generosity of local companies of all shapes and sizes. Here is a quick guide to give you a flavour of how your support could help local people and their families:
- £25 – pays for a day’s pain relief for someone staying with us on the Inpatient unit
- £50 – provides 3 hours of specialist nursing care at the hospice
- £100 – enables a patient to attend the Day Hospice
- £150 – Covers the cost of a nurse’s full shift
- £500 – Provides 24 hours of 1:1 End of life care
- £1,000 – Pays for a brand new bed on the Inpatient unit
- £2,500 – Renovates and transforms a patient’s private room
- £5,000 – Allows us to provide outreach programmes to support isolated patients at home
- £10,000 – Covers the cost of our Day Hospice service for a full week, supporting 150 people
Don’t forget, WE can support YOU!
As your Charity of the Year, we will work closely with you to maximise our partnership – so that your business can reach potential consumers in a deep and meaningful way, as well as demonstrating your commitment to the local area and local people, customers, staff and key stakeholders.
Of course we will take a backseat and leave you to it, but if you do need help, then we are on hand to assist with:
Media Coverage – Writing and distributing press releases, photography and using the St Luke’s logo.
Marketing – Creating artwork for social media and designing posters.
Events support – Do you need more volunteers or help with completing a risk assessment?
Practical Things – Such as St Luke’s collection buckets, information flyers and T-shirts.
Motivation – Our Nurses and support staff are happy to visit your workplace to talk to staff about the vital role St Luke’s plays in our communities.
Call Andy for a friendly chat on 01606 555872 or email email@example.com