Specialist palliative care Social Workers at St Luke’s offer a wide variety of support to both the patient and those who are important to them.
We are fortunate to have two Social Workers, Linda Holmes and Linda Pritchard, as well as a Welfare Benefits Advisor, Jill Robey. Together they have worked at St Luke’s for more than 30 years and in just the last 12 months have helped patients claim more than £400,000 in support they are entitled to.
The team can provide practical support with:
- Finding out what you’re entitled to
- Applying for benefits and grants (e.g. completing forms, making phone calls or writing letters)
- Accessing help with health costs, such as travel to hospital
- Applying for transport concessions, such as a disabled parking badge
- Advising on benefits decisions
- Accessing benefits following a bereavement and money towards funeral costs
Who to contact if you need help
If you believe that you may benefit from social work support or benefits advice, please speak to a member of staff at the Hospice or your GP.
Alternatively you can contact us directly on:
- Social Work Team, 01606 555694 or 01606 555695
- Benefits Advisor, 01606 555699