Our specialist palliative care Social Worker offers a wide variety of support to patients who are being cared for by the Hospice and those who are important to them.
She can provide practical support with:
- Help identifying care and support needs
- Signposting to appropriate support organisations
- Support for carers
- Help and support to navigate social care services
- Advice about social activities in the local community
- Food bank referrals
- Signposting for financial and benefits advice
- Any concerns or worries you may have about yourself or the person you care for.
If you believe that you may benefit from social work support, please speak to a member of staff involved in your care at the Hospice. Alternatively you can contact our Social Worker Jo McCormack directly on 01606 555694.
People with a cancer diagnosis can access benefits advice by calling the local Macmillan benefits adviser on 01270 918102 or the Macmillan support line on 0808 239 5724.
For those with other conditions, please call Adviceline on 0800 1448848 or for information about other ways of accessing advice see the relevant service page:
Citizens Advice Cheshire East: www.citizensadvicece.org.uk
Citizens Advice Cheshire West: www.citizensadvicecw.org.uk