Reaseheath College, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6DF 27/06/2020 - 28/06/2020 7:30 pm - 4:00 am
The Midnight Walk goes Festival!
The Midnight Walk is a 6 mile (mini-moon) or (just over) 10 mile (full moon) challenge through the streets of Crewe and Nantwich. With the base at Reaseheath College, you will begin and end your Midnight Walk journey in beautiful surroundings alongside St Luke’s supporters from all across Cheshire.
As Glastonbury is the same weekend we have decided that this year our walk will take on a festival feel! Whilst the plan for the evening is still evolving, you can expect some live music and our giant screen which amongst other things, will screen a montage of Glastonburys gone by.
We’d love to see everyone get into the festival spirit by wearing our fabulous light up flower garlands so this year we are giving you the option of buying them at the point of registration for only £2.50. Not only do they look fabulous as a headband but can be worn as a necklace, woven round your wrist or even through your trainer laces.
Whether you are a seasoned Walker or taking part for the first time, the Midnight Walk is empowering, inspiring and an unforgettable way to raise money for St Luke’s. Whether you are remembering a loved one or walking for those being cared for today, every Walker will make a difference.
This year our fundraising target this year is £140,000 which would fund an incredible 940 nurses shifts on the Inpatient Unit. Each shift costs £149.04 and each hour of nursing care £31.04, so when you walk and raise money you help us move one step closer to this target.
Last year we made some significant changes to the event and after positive feedback all the changes will remain. A reminder of the key changes are below
- Halfway Point – Crewe Railway Station will be our half way turnaround point. Here there will be water, bananas and chocolate and you will have access to the toilets on the platform. There will also be entertainment at this point to keep your spirits up!
- Distance – This means the full moon walk will now be a little shorter at just over 10 miles – still a challenge!
- Time – We will be starting the walk at 10pm – yes 10pm!
- Shorter Distance – Don’t forget, there is always the option of the shorter route at 6 miles. If you’re feeling full of energy on the night and decide to do the full route, no problem!
- Younger participants – Each year we are seeing more “mini me’s” register with their family members – they get to stay up late and eat chocolate -what’s not to love? We love the youngsters and they tell us they love being included, so we’re encouraging more!
- Men – Men are welcome to join the walk, and told us they loved it last year, so it really is all inclusive!
Registering to take part
Registration this year will be £20 per person. We encourage you to pick your T-shirt up from the Hospice, but we know that isn’t always possible, so there’ll be a small charge at the time of registering for us to post it out to you.
Your entry fee includes access to the Walk, entertainment, a Midnight Walk t-shirt, toilets on site and on the route, water and snacks on the route along with over 100 marshalls to help keep you safe and cheer you on, plus the best brew and bacon butty you’ll ever taste when you cross the finish line!
Raising money through sponsorship is really easy thanks to online platforms like JustGiving. You could set your target to fund one or a number of nurses shifts so your friends know exactly how their support will make a difference.
You can register for your place here
Would you like to be part of our Candlelight Wall of Remembrance?
The “wall” will be beautiful jars, lovingly displayed, with handwritten heartfelt dedications made to lost loved ones, with a tealight inside.
If you would like a candle jar to be displayed at the Midnight Walk, follow click on the link below to make your donation online. We will have the jar ready for you to personalise and light on the night.
If you are wondering where the 6 and 10 mile challenge will take you, here is a map of the route.