27/06/2020 - 28/06/2020 7:30 pm - 4:00 am
The Midnight Walk goes Virtual…
Here at St Luke’s our Midnight Walk is very important to us – and we know it has a special place in your hearts too, so we have decided this year to make our Midnight Walk…Virtual!
We want to invite you along on Saturday 27th June (or during the week leading up to it) to help us to create a huge virtual walk in support of our Hospice.
Proudly wearing your Midnight Walk t-shirt, we want you to ‘step out’ in any way you can. Take on your own walk challenge for us on the night or at a time to suit you – and support us in raising the funds we so desperately need to help St Luke’s continue to provide outstanding care to the local community.
- Could you walk 12,500 steps in a day to equate to the 6 mile half moon walk, or tackle a massive 21,000 steps to match our 10 mile full moon walk?
- If that seems a little too much, perhaps you could split your challenge over a number of days building up to the 27th June.
- Unable to leave your home? Get those steps up around the house or garden using the stairs, doing laps of your landing or circuits around your dining room table!
- Maybe you could encourage younger members of your family to join you to create a group target distance. Youngsters may love to start with you at 10pm and be rewarded with chocolate at ‘the halfway point’ and a bacon sandwich when you all finish.
- Can’t complete the Walk? Why not throw your own festival via Zoom with friends and family? Create a Glastonbury-themed Spotify or YouTube playlist and have a dance around your kitchen or lounge (beer and mud optional!)
Let your imaginations run wild, we would love to see what you come up with!
Tell us your plan and share your ideas with your fellow walkers, then send in your photos and videos to us here at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature you in our Wall of Fame.
Once you have completed your challenge, we will send you out a very special and unique Virtual Midnight Walk medal (hopefully there will never be a medal like it ever again!)
We so hope you will join in with us. We promise to be at your side every step of the way to make your Virtual Midnight Walk challenge a memory you can cherish.
You can register to take part in our Virtual Midnight Walk here
As our Midnight Walk cannot go ahead as planned, our income will obviously be very much affected. With this in mind, any support you are able to give would be amazing. You can find our JustGiving link here https://bit.ly/MW20slh
Should you have any questions about the event please contact Jane.